3 Week Pre-Move Checklist
If you’ve found yourself preparing for a move, but aren’t quite sure what you should be doing ahead of time, E.E. Ward is here to help! Our moving services and pre-move checklist can help to make your move a stress free one.
Things to Do 3 Weeks Before Your Move:
- Purchase a lock box for important documents such as wills, deeds, stocks, titles, and registrations. Make sure to keep this in a safe spot for the duration of your move. This should not be moved with your household goods. Additionally, backup any important data stored on your computer and other electronic devices.
- Continue packing, consolidating and organizing your belongings.
- Arrange to close accounts at your local bank and open accounts in your new location.
- Call your insurance company to transfer or cancel your home insurance.
- If moving out of state, check with your local Department of Motor Vehicles about registration requirements in your new location.