8 Week Pre-Move Checklist
If you’ve found yourself preparing for a move, but aren’t quite sure what you should be doing ahead of time, E.E. Ward is here to help! Our moving services and pre-move checklist can help to make your move a stress free one.
Things To Do 8 Weeks Before Your Move:
- If you have not yet found a moving company, do your research! Obtain estimates from multiple movers and compare pricing. Make sure the company you choose is registered with your state’s Department of Transportation, is insured, and has good reviews. Helpful sites to visit include The Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List (click to visit our pages). If you will need to put some items in storage, make sure to get an estimate for this as well. Call us for a free moving estimate at (614) 401-6796!
- If you’re renting or selling your home, make any necessary improvements to insure that you receive your security deposit back or have a stress free sell.
- Start cleaning…many cleaning supplies cannot be moved due to hazardous contents, so you’ll need to use them up. Make sure to check with your moving company to find out exactly what items are prohibited.
- Eat pizza! Frozen items and perishable foods will need to go, so start clearing out your fridge.
- Purchase a binder specifically for notes and documents related to your move. Organization is the key to a smooth move.