Columbus Movers Offer Tips for a Safe Halloween
It’s that time of year again! The stores fill up with endless amounts of candy, pumpkins pop up on every corner and the kids work to perfect their costumes. This is HALLOWEEN!
With all the excitement surrounding trick-or-treating, it’s important to remember how to stay safe. Below is a list of safety tips that range from costume safety to healthy habits.
- Make sure your costume is visible in low light. If not, add reflective tape to be seen.
- Use sidewalks and walk on well lit streets.
- Bring a flashlight
- Never trick-or-treat alone. Stay with a group.
- Carry a cellphone. Bring a phone charger just in case.
- Do not approach houses that have no porch lights on.
- Do not enter any homes.
- Examine all candy before eating it, making sure the wrapping has not been tampered with.
- Eat a filling and healthy dinner prior to trick-or-treating to limit the craving for candy
- Plan a trick-or-treating route before you head out.
- Bring water with you.
- Pick a meeting location in case someone loses the group.
Above all, remember to stay alert and report any suspicious behavior. Feel free to share this to ensure everyone has a safe time trick-or-treating! E.E. Ward wishes everyone a safe Halloween.