Special Care on the Move- Moving with Children
Children always need more care and time to adjust to all the changes that occur when moving. What’s the best way to help your loved ones? Columbus mover E.E. Ward provides you with some general tips:
- Talk to your children early, openly and often about the move and what changes it will bring
- Keep to your normal routine as much as possible, and arrange to continue your child’s current activities in the new community
- Keep favorite items (toys, books, etc.) accessible
- Have children help pack a special box with their most treasured toys – they can even decorate the box!
- If possible, take your children to the new community before the move to introduce them to their new surroundings
- Let your children get involved with planning if possible, and ask for their input on how they would like to decorate their new rooms
- Above all, ask for thoughts and opinions, and listen.
As a ProMover, E.E. Ward Moving & Storage Co. not only provides the best moving information, but also can be your professional mover. Feel free to contact us if you need a move!
(Source from: North American Moving Service )